Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gotta love a bargain
















Today was the annual service league rummage sale in our town. I had never been before but heard there was usually lots of good stuff. I automatically think of all the possible stuff I could find for Ramsey. I'm currently on the lookout for an umbrella stroller and thought I might find it there. So we went a few minutes before the gates were supposed to open and the line was already like 100 people deep. It reminded me of the day after Thanksgiving sales. So the gates opened and it was on. People were literally pushing their way through and just grabbing tons of items. I was overwhelmed but determined to get a bargain. I rummaged through the kids clothes but didn't find anything we could not live without. Then I found a brand new push cart that also converts to a riding car. I spotted one of those little tykes Flinstone cars for only $9 but we had Ramsey, his big stroller ( we call it the SUV model), my mom, myself, and an Acura sedan. So I decided not to get it even though I know he'll love it as soon as he can walk. I told my mom how cheap it was and she said "get it! we'll just get it home some way". So I ran back into the fiasco/rummage sale hoping it was still there and IT WAS! So I got it and we managed to fit it in the front seat of the car and my mom rode in the back with Ramsey. Then on the way home we were talking about how much fun a kiddie pool would be so we stopped buy a local place with incredible bargains called "liquidation station". No pool but we did find this adorable Caterpillar rocking thing that was a manger special price of $19.99. So we went halves on it and when we were leaving we spotted a Power Wheels 4-wheeler with a dump truck attachment. It was too cute and even matches Cope's 4-wheeler. It was a Clarence special so I couldn't resist. We'll put it and the Flinstone car away until Birthday and/or Christmas. Did I mention we managed to fit it all in the car? AMAZING! Oh, and then after yoga my friend called to tell me her neighbors were having a yard sale. I mean I was on a roll so I just had to check it out. I got lots of cute outfits, most for the coming seasons. After figuring it, I spent under $100 and got a Flinstons car, a Tumble Tigger, a walker/riding car, a power wheels 4-wheeler, a rocking Caterpillar, a bag full of nice clothes, and 3 pairs of kids shoes. WOW! I am very proud of my day. It is amazing that you truly can spend any amount of money on any item that you want. So today I feel like I beat the system and if Cope is going to be working so hard on his end it is my job to do the best I can with our money, or at least try to :)

No comments: