Thursday, May 15, 2008

BIG Girl Bed

I have finally made it back to my big girl bed. I haven't slept in my own room by myself since the night before Ramsey was born. Until he was 6 weeks old he slept in my bed so I could nurse him, cuddle him, or whatever else newborns might need. At 6 weeks I was determined not to make co-sleeping a long term habit so I decided to nip it in the bud and he went to his crib finally. I remember I only went to his nursery to change him in those early days and thought it such a shame that there was so many nice, new things ( including a crib) that I wasn't sure I would ever be brave enough to let him try out. Well, at 6 weeks he did make it to his own crib but I slept in the nursery in a cozy twin bed. Knowing that Cope is coming home in about 6 weeks I decided I might want to sleep with my husband and not in the nursery since I have not seen Cope in almost 10 months. So after much thought and literally being scared of not being close to Ramsey (actually my bedroom is RIGHT next door to his :) I decided to invest in one of those video monitors. I had thought of it early on but thought they were too expensive and wasn't sure how good they were. So yesterday I made my way by Target to pick one up. I had made some money at the dog collar booth I did last weekend and decided I could not think of a better way to spend it. What is peace of mind really worth? Needless to say,I took the plunge. I LOVE IT!!!! Seriously, I wish I had gotten it early on. Just last week when I went to check on Ramsey during his nap he was playing with the cord to his sound machine and a few weeks ago he was really fond of putting his blankets over his face. Anyway,I slept great in my own bed and Ramsey slept 11 hours strait without even squirming once. I am so proud of myself and my new gadget. I might not be with the times when it comes to Blackberries or I-Phones but I am definitely down with the latest in baby monitors. Man how life has changed.




-the picture doesn't do it justice b/c it is in color during the daytime naps.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

It really is amazing how often I can nod my head in agreement when reading your posts! I felt the same way about video monitors but I told Erin that I would DEFINITELY be getting one before we have another child!
Isn't it so great to be able to stretch out in the bed by yourself? I know it is a little lonely too though...

Christine said...

Miss Tara...after all that work to break yourself I bet Cope will want to sleep in the twin bed next to Ramsey. (Well not really but maybe!)