Sunday, May 11, 2008

My 1st Mothers Day


I am so proud to be a Mom on this my first Mother's Day. I stand in awe of each Mom I know (especially my own) as it is the best and most important work of our lives. Someone asked me just yesterday how it is to be Ramsey's mom and the answer came so easily it even surprised me. I knew being a mom would be great but is is way better than I ever imagined. Don't get me wrong in the early days it is HARD. There are still some days I'd like to pull my hair out but when Ramsey gives me his huge open mouth grin, all is right with the world. In coming to know him I truly feel like I am becoming more of myself. I am so proud of him. Not proud of my job as much as I am simply enamored by him. I know he came with his own purpose into the world and it is simply my job to support him in his journey. Yes, I have "ideas" for him but I try my best to not have "expectations". I simply want him to be happy. I joke all the time that I could tell my own mom that I was going to get 20 tattoos and join a traveling circus and she would just say "well, okay, as long as you are happy". That is such a comfort to me and I hope I can be the same for Ramsey. As a Mom I know I am not entitled to this experience and that is why it is so rewarding. At the end of the day I am simply grateful to be a mom and more importantly Ramsey's Mom.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Beautiful thoughts and 1st Mother's Day photo!

Christine said...

yeah! Happy happy mother's day miss Tara.

Cristin said...

Loved the picture! I hope y'all had a wonderful day yesterday!

Erin Duvall said...

I love it. I hope you had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day. It's so crazy I forget that so many of my friends are mothers now. Seems like just yesterday we were going to a KD crush party :)