Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What happened???


So earlier in this blog I had mention that my wonderful child had been sleeping 9-10 strait for several weeks. Well not so much anymore. For the past few nights he has been waking up around 4AM and talking/whining so much that I simply can't sleep through it. He usually can just get himself right back to sleep but that is not the case lately. So I let him do that until I can't take it anymore or until he finally starts to cry. I rock him and if he still won't fall asleep I give in an get him a bottle. Maybe he is hungry because after eating he does go back to sleep for about 3 hours. That is the hardest part of parenting for me in that I have to figure it out. It is a fine line between giving him what he needs and what might be creating a bad habit instead. So right now I think I will just assume he is going through a growth spurt and needs a bit more in his tummy to sleep good. I hope he will get back to all night sleeping again, because I sure could use it myself.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

It probably is just a growth spurt...or teeth!

Unknown said...

Ben, Allison, and I talk alot about why things change so much with Leila, we (all-knowing as we are??) have decided they go though cycles. Leila will sleep really good, and not eat as much for a week or two; and then she will eat alot, and not sleep as much for a week or so. As Cristin said -- it's a growing thing.
But isn't every day an adventure!
Jackie