Monday, April 21, 2008

Half Way!


We are finally at the half way point of this deployment as of yesterday. I am thrilled to be over the hump so we can get going on the remainder of the time. We have 2 months until R & R and once that happens Cope will only have about 5 months left in Iraq. He sent me this picture yesterday which I thought was really neat. He was attending an Iraqi police officers funeral where he saw these two cute little girls. They were very interested in his digital camera so he showed them a picture of our dogs, Sage and Bentley, on our sofa in our home. The girls had never seen dogs inside a house much less chillin on a cozy sofa. To them dogs are the same type of animal as say a cow or something. There is no vet care for dogs either so lots have mange, fleas, etc. I just thought this was a neat picture and I am so proud of Cope and the role he plays over there.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Congratulations on the half way milestone... now you can focus your sights on the R&R! Woohoo!!

Cristin said...

It's all downhill from here!

Christine said...

yeah!!!!!!! Can you believe it? hot mama...the second half can't be nearly as hard. You made a whole new person in the first half.

He looks great! I feel like they look different from when they left. Do you think so? I thought it was just Dave but Cope looks different too...I can't figure out what it is.