Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a BUMMER


So sort of a craptastic day for Cope and his guys. There has been much talk lately that deployments might just be 12 months long instead of 15. Well according to the info that we got today is that it will only apply to those that will be deployed and not those already there. Jeez, can they get anything else to lower their moral over there. I simply can't imagine what it is like for them. To see the same people day in and day out and never see your loved ones. To wear the same uniforms everyday and eat the same chow hall food for every meal. They are working so hard and on edge most all the time. I'm know they signed up for this but not one of those guys ever anticipated deployment would be 15 months. They did not know they would miss a whole 15 months worth of birthdays and holidays. I hate it for them so much and for all the loved ones missing them more than they ever let on. So many people forget that as they sit in the comforts of their homes they are only doing so because of the very brave and selfless men and women who put it on the line each day to try to make our world safer. I could not be more proud of my husband and even though he does not say it I know he is tired, I know his heart hurts, and I know he wants to be HOME. So please keep them in your thoughts as it is a tough day to not get the boost they so desperately need and deserve.

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Tara,
I found your blog from a comment on Lindsey's, so I don't know you personally. I hope you don't think it weird that I'm commenting. I just wanted to say thank you for the sacrafices you are making for our freedom. When my husband and I were first married he was active duty ARMY and is now in the Reserves. We didn't have any children while he was active (though I would have loved to), and now that we have four girls I can't imagine how hard it would be for him to be away! I pray that God will bless you, your son, and your husband and bring him home safely to you soon.
Oh, and aren't babies the best little creatures in the whole world for keeping their mommies strong?

Cristin said...

It won't affect this deployment for us, but we were really hoping the change would affect everyone currently deployed. I'll explain why later. I understand your disappointment though.
But just think - you're already on the downhill slope and after R&R time is going to fly!
Do you love how I just commented on almost all your posts?!?

Christine said...

Deep breaths, ben & jerry's, random crys, a little exercise (to make up for the ben & jerrys) visits to wonderful friends around the country (like u), dreams of "after"...are the only way I am gonna make it 15 months.

Sorry I was contributing to the "gets your hopes up theory." It was nice for a while.

Give Ramsey a BIG hug every time you miss Cope. He will be ONE loved kid!!!

What happens if we don't let them go back after R&R? (really I am JUST KIDDING)

hugs and misses!

Amanda L said...

Tara,
I found your blog from Lindsey's too. I remember you and Cope from NGCSU. I took over as Greek Advisor there right before you graduated. I just want you to know my family and I pray for our military men and women and their families nightly and your sacrifice is very much appreciated! Ramsey is absolutely adorable. Congratulations.

Amanda L said...

This may show up twice but my 1st comment disappeared so...
I found your blog on Lindsey's page too. I remember you and Cope from NGCSU. I had just started working there right before you graduated. I want you to know my family and I pray for our soldiers and their familie every night. Your sacrifice is appreciated!!! Baby Ramsey is adorable.