Friday, April 18, 2008

Books-A-Million


Don't you just love it when you come across something totally unexpected like a great food, good conversation, or a HUGE BOOK SALE? Well, today there was this annual book sale at a book distributor in our town. I had never been before and was thinking I might find a book or two for Ramsey. After his nap we headed there and I thought it might take us 10 minutes or so because I did not even bring a spare diaper, wipes, or toys. Two hours and 100 books later I wished I had. It was wonderful and the place was like twice the size of Costco with literally millions of books, all new and most were hard back. At Easter I realized how much kids books cost so when they had most all of them today for $1.00 each it was like Supermarket Sweep! The place is actually going out of business so I had to get while the getting was good. My mom was holding Ramsey because he got a little fussy (can you imagine that he would get fussy after 2 hours of looking at books ? :) I used the extra stroller space for books and just threw them in, one after another. In the end I ended up with a few years worth of books for Ramsey and gifts for others. It was a great unexpected find in the middle of an ordinary day. Hum, I wonder what I'll be giving for Christmas this year?

1 comment:

Cristin said...

That is AWESOME!
One of the few times M will sit still during the day is when we're reading. She has loved books from the get go. It looks like I see a Priddy book in the pile. Those are great!