Monday, April 7, 2008

Catching you up to speed


So to start this story I'll begin where I truly did. I met my husband, Cope at North Georgia College in the spring of 2001. I knew very early on that I would marry him simply because I wanted to be the best version of myself when I was with him. In 2004 Cope commissioned as an officer into the United States Army. Shortly after we were married and the Army moved us a few places before our first duty station in Ft. Drum, NY. Cope had his first deployment to Afghanistan for 7 months in 2006. As soon as he came back we decided to start our family. We found out we were pregnant just one month later but 9 weeks into that pregnancy our Doctor found no heartbeat on our baby. We were devastatedto say the least but never broken. It was an experience I don't regret because it made us even closer and made us more appreciative in the end. We took the time we needed to heal and once the Doctor gave us the go ahead we decided to try again. Even though we knew Cope would be deployed again soon we decided to go for it and just 2 days later we conceived our son. Some people might of thought we were idiots to be taking on such a task with a 15 month deployment to Iraq looming but we knew in our hearts it was right and so it goes. It was a fairly uncomplicated pregnancy and at 27 weeks into it Cope did deploy to Iraq. Shortly after I moved home with my mom and step-dad to Cartersville, GA. They are so wonderful to have opened their home and hearts to me, my two bulldogs, and now our son. I don't know what they were thinking...but I am grateful for their help and friendship every single day.

No comments: