Saturday, April 19, 2008

SUPER MOM

So I am one of those people who tends to take on way to much. I feel this super human type of power that can get the bottles sterilized, Ramsey on schedule, laundry caught up, find the time to tackle a business venture, and be a super mommy all by lunch time. I can keep the craziness going about 72 hours before a small detail interrupts the juggling act and I have a very human meltdown. All it takes is the slightest thing to throw me off and the tears start flowing. Once it starts all the things that are hard in my life flood me like missing Cope, struggling to be a good mom, feeling a bit overwhelmed with my business, and I just let it all go. I realize I am simply built for downtime. I need personal time to be the best version of myself. I need quite time with my son to take it all in. Some people are simply made differently but I realize who I am, so I am not too surprised when reality takes me over and I am once again "real". After my meltdown I had a moment with Ramsey when he looked up at me as if to say "it's okay. You were my Mommy today and you always do the best you can. At the end of the day that is simply all that matters". Man, it is great to feel like a super mom but it is good to take off the cape from time to time and just be me.

1 comment:

Lindsey Oliver said...

You are a super mom. Ramsey is so lucky to have you and so is Cope!