Monday, December 8, 2008

ummm Cookies!!!


Well, not really. I am having a hard time these past 2 weeks getting Ramsey to eat much other than Cheerios, Goldfish, and Gerber Puffs, and cheese. I lay out a fresh fruit option, another new item, and something I know he'll go for like a Cheerio. He'll try the other things but once he realizes it is unfamiliar he spits it out. He is so funny (not really funny but what else can I do?) if I put a tray of peas and carrots down he can find the one single Cheerio in the middle of it all. I get so frustrated when I see other kiddos eating everything in site and I'm hopeful we'll get there and hopeful my persistence will pay off??? He is done with baby food because I tried to at least give him some bananas list night but he swatted that away faster then you can imagine.





I did bake some chocolate chip cookies yesterday to see if he was interested but once he got past the cookie and tasted the chocolate chips he proceeded to spit it out everywhere. I am secretly proud of my child for knowing his own mind so well already but I'm not sure Cheerios and a little juice will sustain him much longer (he is quickly decided on his own he is done with his bottle)? Any of you other Mommy's out there had a picky eater? Any advice for a first time Mom who is slightly frustrated would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like Ramsey got more than Cope's curly hair. Good luck with that. Caroline sure hasn't gotten any better and she was the same way at that age. I have learned that they keep growing, but nothing is more frustrating that cooking a meal and having someone at the table refuse to eat it. Derick was also very picky, still is, and he is a wonderful cook. I try to put a positive spin on it in hopes that she will be a great cook, too.

MaryBeth said...

I have a house full of picky eaters, and the best advice I have is to go to the library and check out Ellyn Satter's "How to Get Your Kid to Eat... but Not Too Much." I sure wish that I had read it when mine were Ramsey's age and not so much later when I did.