Monday, December 8, 2008

1 Year Check Up

Ramsey had his 1 year well check appointment today and all went just fine. She said he looks great and was impressed with his words so far. He only weighed in at 19lbs 4oz today which she wasn't too concerned about because he is slowly but surely gaining weight and his length is now 30 inches. He has taken 4-5 steps on his own and I'm thinking by the New Year he'll be EVERYWHERE! The doc and I talked about his eating habits (or lack there of) and she agreed that he does know how to eat but he just doesn't want to. She said he knows if he doesn't eat he'll still get a bottle. So she said to switch him to whole milk this week and take him off the bottle completely. Oh Jeez. So I'm formulating my plan of attack for the week, saying lots of prayers already, and hoping for the best??? He had to get 2 shots and we'll get some more at his 15 month check up. He was wild in the appointment so in order for me to pay attention I let him cruise the exam room which was fine because we were the first ones in there and they had just cleaned. This WAS fine until he smashed his face on the step stool. He cried and cried and had a nice bloody mark to show for his exploration of the new space. Good times. I can't believe we are already at the 1 year mark. I'm excited and nervous to see what year #2 holds for us. Really though he is doing great and I am so very thankful for that.






Nice bloody spot buddy. Also that look on his face says exactly what his little personality is like at times lately:

1 comment:

Erin and Nate said...

The look on Ramsey's face in that picture is priceless... it's all..."Yeah, I'm tough what's it to you?"