Sunday, September 28, 2008

Makeshift Baby Proofing




I have decided that Ramsey and I are going to try to move into our new house in about 2 weeks. I originally thought I would wait until we got back from welcoming Cope home at Ft. Drum, NY but have decided it might be easier to try to get organized a few weeks before heading out of town for the big reunion. Another reason I think we're ready to go ahead and move is that I can fully (or at least try to) baby proof our new place. I love living at my Mom's but since they are moving soon too, their home is on the market and can be shown at any moment. We have done very little in the way of baby proofing there simply because I have not wanted to re-decorate their lovely home. Don't get me wrong, they would do just about anything I asked of them in a minute but since they have been so kind this past year I figure watching him like a hawk is the least I can do. It has been okay thus far but the more mobile he gets the more intense, constant attention he requires as to not destroy anything or hurt himself. Last night while we watched the UGA game we built a fort/barrier out of the furniture so that he would not leave the room to go explore. He loves cords, window shades, pulling things off tables or shelves, and mostly anything that is forbidden. He understands the word "NO" but only obeys when it suits his needs. So hopefully in our new place we can start off fully baby proofed. It will be hard to leave my Mom's as it had been a safety net for me this past year but I think I am ready to leap head on into our own life. May the next chapter in our lives be as blessed as this one has been.

No comments: