Thursday, September 4, 2008

9 Months Old


Ramsey is 9 months old today! Man, I can hardly believe it. He is doing great and into everything. I thought I'd take this post just to fill you in on some of the things he's been up to lately:

-He can climb a whole flight of stairs (My mom discovered this one while babysitting for me the other day. How comforting huh?)


-He now gives great, sloppy kisses.

-He is pulling up on most everything and getting the hang of cruising.



-He waves when he wants to (Usually after we say bye-bye for about 5 minutes and start to walk away he does it)

-Loves to be chased while crawling.

-Seems to think the hair dryer is super funny. (He laughs and smiles the whole time I'm blowing my hair dry)

-Fascinated with all things electronic. (Especially things with buttons)

-Hates having his his diaper changed or his nose cleaned out (When I says "hates" I really mean he looses his mind)

-Loves the water. (Whatever form he can get. He prefers the pool or bath but is also happy to settle for the doggie bowls)
-His hair is getting more curly each day and I LOVE IT! (when it is damp it gets kinky curly which I totally dig )


-He is a great errand runner (He doesn't mind being on the go all day and loves to ride in the shopping cart and smile at everyone we pass)

-Babbles lots (things he has said so far: Ma-ma, Da-Da, Pa-pa, bye-bye, bye-bye papa, na-ma and lots of other stuff that I couldn't make out if I wanted to)
-He is a great sleeper at night.( He goes to bed at 9pm and sleeps until I wake him up at 7:30am. I've tried pushing bedtime back to 8:30 but he seemed to then want to get up at 6am. No need fixing what isn't broken I've decided)




-He still takes 2 naps that last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours each depending on the day.

-He is a still sort of a picky eater. (Some days he'll only have 26oz of formula and refuse solids and the next day he'll have 32oz of formula and eat oatmeal, fruit, meat and veggies??? I've decided all I can do is offer and hope for the best!)

-Still is crazy about the doggies who basically just try to avoid him.

-Loves to look at his Daddy's picture (he always smiles when I show it to him and I swear he even said Da-Da when we were looking at it this am. I'm not sure he knew what he was saying but maybe he does?)

Overall, Ramsey is simply a delight! I still get overwhelmed on occasion and think I might come unglued but thankfully those days are getting fewer and farther in between. I love that I get to be his Mom. He is definitely teaching me WAY MORE than I'll ever teach him. No matter how crazy the day, I still go to bed thankful each night. We are so looking forward to Cope getting to share in the joys soon. I've told Cope he better be bringing his best pair of running shoes home because I have a feeling we're going to be on the move chasing our little WILD MAN around, but at least we'll be doing it together!!!!







3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Ramsey is such a cutie! I'm sure Cope appreciates the dedication you have to documenting all this good stuff that he's missing. You are a great mom... happy 9 months!

Cristin said...

Happy 9 months to both of you! I love that curly hair too! I didn't realize it, but Bryan informed me that he gets it from Cope. :)

Jenn said...

I cannot believe he is 9 months old already! I can't wait to see him again now that he is starting to talk and move around more! So soon!!! :)