Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crazy Morning

It has just been one of those mornings for me today. You know the type, where if you had 3 extra hours it still would not be enough to get everything done. It started off pretty smooth with a happy Ramsey, and a hot cup of coffee. I placed a few phone calls I needed to make and then it was off to the shower with Ramsey chilling in his exersaucer near the bathroom door. It was a little more rushed than usual because I was trying to get us ready to leave the house at 9:45 to make story time at our local library at 10:00. I showered fast, dressed, chatted with Ramsey, things were going great then WHAMMO.... I went to feed the dogs only to find out their dog food container (sealed properly mind you) was crawling with ants. Jeez, what should I do? The dog food is about $60 bucks a bag (last them a month, the cheap stuff tears their tummys up) and I had just filled up the food bin up. I decided all I could do was throw it out since it was so infested, spray, and curse under my breath. It was like flushing money down the toilet. Not to mention this ant issue took 30 minutes I did NOT have to spare.

Then it was time to try to get Ramsey to eat his oatmeal in now less than 5 minutes which he decided he would rather cry the whole time and swat my food advances out of the way. I just try to remember to breath, smile, and take it all in stride. Not easy for a gal like me, but I'm trying harder these days. He ate a little, we changed his diaper and rushed out the door to story time. I was totally sweating at this point.

It was our first time and there were about 20 babies under 18 months. Very fun! We read a few books, did a few songs, and then they just let them loose to a floor full of toys. Ramsey seemed to really enjoy it and would crawl up to most anyone and just smile and would occasionally steal a toy from another kid. Bully??? By the time it ended at 10:45 you could tell it was past or close to most little ones nap time including Ramsey's. It was fun and we're looking forward to next weeks "Rock and Rhyme Story Time".

So overall it has been a crazy morning and I'm hoping the day ahead doesn't prove to be so wild but so far that hasn't been the case. Maybe it will just be one of those days but at least Ramsey got to spend some time with other kids and I got to chat it up with other Moms, most of whom were having just as hectic of days as mine. It's good to feel normal on occasion.

No comments: