Thursday, June 4, 2009

18 Months


Ramsey is 18 months old today. Where does the time go? I am so much enjoying this toddler stage. Yes, it comes with more tantrums but he is able to communicate with us so much more. He is full of energy and I get worn out just watching him. Here is some of what he is up to at 18 months:

-Still a great sleeper. Goes to bed at 8:00PM and sleeps until 7:30AM or so.
-Goes down for naps great but will sleep anywhere from 45 minutes-2 hours.
-Still LOVES books. He'll warm right up to anyone who will read to him.
-Loves to be outside
-Loves cars, trucks, trains
-Eats much better. He will have several days where he barely eats anything (I stress) then he'll go several days eating like crazy (I relax).
-Favorite foods include hot dogs, cheese, yogurt, grilled cheese, crackers, ANY FRUIT!
-LOVES milk. He much prefers it over juice. He is drinking about 20oz of whole milk a day.
-He can put on his own Crocs and usually gets them on the right feet.
-Enjoys the pool and will let me put him under without fussing.
-He has 16 teeth.



For my own record I wanted to keep a list of the words I can make out that he says at 18 months:

-Juice
-Momma
-Dadda
-Nana
-Papa
-Ned (my moms cat)
-Bent (for Bentley)
-Sa (for Sage)
-Outside
-Choo choo
-Most animal sounds when animal is named (doggie, cat, cow, bear, dinosaur, duck)
-thank you
-please (signs as well)
-escuse me (will cover his mouth when he burps)
-touch down
-clock
-shorts
-shoes
-eye
-hair
-ear
-nose
-no
-pool
-bird
-bye bye
-cracker
-cheese
-baby
-car
-hot
-splash
-ball
-fish
-mud
-boo boo
-uh-oh
-gone, gone
-can sign for more
-can sign all done

We think Ramsey is doing great! He is our kid so of course we think he is AWESOME! He is! He is so much fun to be with. He makes us laugh. He challenges us. He knows when he is doing something he isn't supposed to and give you "the look". Time outs are working OK. He is a little boy and he wants to do what HE WANTS TO DO. I let him be independent within reason. He is helpful. He will help me around the house and has recently learned to help bring me the laundry to put away. He is so funny, when he brings me each piece he will say who it belongs to. He gets about 90% of them right.


I can't believe he is now a little boy and not a baby but I love it! He is my buddy. I honestly enjoy running errands with him (most of the time). Some days are longer then others but even when he is acting poopy we get through it. I love when Cope gets home in the evenings and Ramsey runs to the door to greet him. So sweet! All in all he is one cool little man. We are super thankful to be his parents. What a treat!



4 comments:

Ashley said...

Great post! I like how you tell what words he is saying. Cute outfit, too. Happy 18 months! :)

Erin Duvall said...

Yeah Ramsey. What a cute little toddler!

Crystal Eubanks said...

Hey Tara- It's Crystal Eubanks...just peeked at your site and I love this post. It's soooo wild to read all of your notes about Ramsey and see how Harper Cole is doing the same things! Haha! I love how you said he helps with the laundry and tells you whose it is- that's awesome!!!

Check out our site...
www.crystalandshane.com

jill said...

i am SO impressed by what all the little man knows! he is such a smart little cookie, mom! wow!