Monday, June 23, 2008

More Than Excited

Quick Update: Cope is on the way! YES! He has is in Kuwait and hoping to get a flight out of there tomorrow afternoon and then he is hoping to arrive in the ATL on Thursday.


Lots of people have asked me lately if I am excited to see Cope. I say "yes" but to sum it up as simply excitement would be the understatement of the year. My heart is on the verge of leaping out of my chest. It is the culmination of so much for us both. Cope is finally coming home. Home to that place where he can finally let his guard down. That place where having him here I can finally come unglued. For a brief period I don't have to pretend to have it all together or have all the answers. We can do this parenting thing together. I am so proud of Cope. He makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world just to know him much less get the privileged of being his wife. I can't wait to touch his face, hold his hand, and watch him transform from the man I've known into the father of our child. I simply can't wait! It has been just over 300 days since I have woken up next to my husband. Thank God the wait is almost over for us both and most of all for our sweet little boy who gets to know what fun it is to have Cope for his Daddy. Yep, excitement just doesn't even begin to cover it.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I know I keep saying this but I am soooo excited for you. The countdown is truly almost over...It is so amazingly close.

Amanda L said...

I am so excited for you!!! As I was singing our night night song last night, I randomly thought, "Oh my gosh the countdown is to one day." Obviously, I thinking of you guys and sending you tons of love.

Lindsey Oliver said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! Just one more day!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! Like Amanda, I find myself keeping a countdown in my head... just one more day!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh Tara, I'm SO freaking excited for you and Cope!!!!