Friday, June 13, 2008

6 Month Check Up

Ramsey had his 6 month check up today. I was going to wait until after Cope left to take him back to the pediatrician but since he hasn't been in a while and since he has been a bit out of sorts this week I thought I'd take him to have his weight checked and talk with the Doctor about why he sometimes doesn't want to eat very much. I'm happy to report he is doing just fine. We are still planning to wait another month or so on vaccines. His weight is 17.0 Lbs and he is still right in the average category for his weight. She told me he is probably working on some new teeth and that could explain the fussiness( that or he is just an opinionated 6 month old). Since he got his first two teeth with no problems I guess I was hoping the rest of them would come in just as smoothly. She said developmentally he is doing great! As far as solids he was getting the hang of them but this week is just not interested. She just suggested to keep trying each day and he'll eventually get it and that some kids just don't like baby food and in a few months he might go strait to people food. We did let him have a bite of watermelon the other day and it was the first time he has seemed to want more of something by opening his little mouth. So we went with it and a few minutes later he threw up. Well, at least I know he is interested in something other than formula. Anyway, he's just great! I thought so, but peace of mind as a first time Mom isn't a bad thing to have

1 comment:

Cristin said...

Sounds like he's doing great! I wanted to comment yesterday but it doesn't give me an option for it. Anyway - less than 2 weeks (hopefully)!! I'm so excited for y'all!