Friday, July 31, 2009

You Know Your The Mother Of A Toddler When...


1) You pick out your new purse based on its ability to hold a sippee cup (Up until now I've been carrying a typical diaper bag but it has gotten a little gross and I wanted to be able to have one purse for all occasions.)

2) You pick out your lunch place based on their playgrounds (My Mom and I went fabric shopping on Wednesday and in the past we would typically choose some great little place to stop but now I find my decisions based on which fast food has the best playground since Ramsey gets so excited when he see one! Whatever makes him smile, right?)

3)You know every single episode of Martha Speaks, Curious George, and Super Why. (Not to Mention I can just about recite The Letter Factory in my sleep.)

4) You pick your grocery store based on how fun their shopping carts are for kids (I usually shop Super Wal-Mart for groceries just to save money, but HATE it. So I've decided to shop Publix sales papers and buy their store brands and make my budget work there too. I just LOVE Publix and so does Ramsey. He likes there Race Car shopping buggies and I feel better supporting such great customer service)

5)Your main excitement for the week is going kids consignment shopping! (My neighbor is picking Ramsey and me up at 8:30 this AM and were headed with the kiddies down to Marietta for a huge one, Oh Boy!)

So in the past 20 months my life has changed DRAMATICALLY but I LOVE IT! Being the mother of a toddler is pride filled and pride swallowing. It is challenging and FUN! Ramsey makes me laugh so much and keeps me growing into a better person each day. He is learning something new all the time, his hugs are bigger, his kisses are sweeter, and I am just over the moon for this kid. Even though I'm often racking my brain trying to figure this parenting thing out I often find myself almost giggling with joy that I get to be his Mommy. What a treat!

6 comments:

Scott and Katie said...

How funny. All of those points are SO true.

Ashley said...

Oh, I love this post! You're so right.

jill said...

ramsey has such a great mom!!! and you're a better woman than me .. i don't allow sippy cups in my purse. :) ha!

Mary said...

Agreed! (Ian and I will be in Carrollton for a bit tomorrow helping my sister move-in, if you feel like a "playdate"...or maybe just a meeting.)

The Brown Family said...

This is funny! We are now the proud owners of our very own Super Why?! You two can have one. She runs through the house like a women on a mission when she hears the theme song and immediately grabs him from the toy basket, runs to the front of the TV and dances and attempts to sing the song! Hilarious! At the end she says "too da rake shoe" intead of "to the rescue" LOVE IT!!!

Erin said...

I to just bought a new bag with the notion it had to fit a bottle/sippy cup! Oh man, what has motherhood done to us? Wouldn't change a thing...
Hilarious post!!