Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thanks Blogging Buddies

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the sweet and helpful comments left on my last post about discipline for a toddler. I guess this phase has just caught me off guard a little. It is so nice to not feel all alone in this journey of Motherhood. I appreciate others honesty. It is the honesty that keeps me laughing and knowing we are all human and just doing what we think is best for our little ones on a daily basis. I am so thankful I get to be home with Ramsey even if it is overwhelming knowing I am in charge of the majority of the discipline during the days. I'll keep those interested updated on which things work and don't for the WILD man. Keep the comments or suggestions coming. I need all the advice I can get.

4 comments:

Amanda L said...

Now that we are back in the throws of toddlerhood, I think I have blocked out that stage from my Chase memories so it is like starting over with Noel. Not that I have had smashing success with this but when he hits I firmly grab his hand and say "no hit" and then sit him in front of the dishwasher (not sure why but that is a carry over from Chase days). Also in parking lots, if I cannot carry him, i go ahead and get a cart and push him into the store. Had a VERY close call with Chase pulling away from me once so I am a stickler for that one.

Mary said...

Ian is very mild-mannered so far, but when I do have trouble we do time-out. It's mostly for things like pulling hair or climbing on the kitchen table. He will sit for a little while and although I try to have him sit for 1 minute, as long as he sits calmly and is not pitching a fit I will let him up. He does like to try and talk, but I do my best no ignore it. He will sign "all done" and "please" while he is sitting sometimes, which is cute. Good luck with Ramsey. On a different note, let me know when you're heading to Carrollton and maybe Mama and I can meet up with you guys.

jill said...

it's tough every single day. but you're doing an incredible job! don't ever doubt yourself - just take a look at your sweet boy and there's no question what a good mama he has!

The Tooles said...

Hopefully, I can learn something about raising a toddler by reading advice and tips from yourself and fellow bloggers. I can discipline elementary school kids with my eyes closed, but I have a feeling toddlers are a different story. Thanks for opening up the discussion.