Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jack Johnson

My sister Paige flew in from NYC on Tuesday so we could go to our much anticipated Jack Johnson concert last night. We met up with our step sister Megan and her fiance Tom. We all had a great time and the concert was AWESOME! Jack definitely did not disappoint and played all my favorites like "Banana Pancakes", "Angel", and "Breakdown" to name a few. The only thing that could have made it better would have been Cope. He loves Jack Johnson music as much as I do. As Jack would say "It's always better when we're together". So next time Jack is back in town babe, you're in!
My sister Paige and Me (could 2 sisters look anymore different?)
The concert goers (Paige, Me, Megan, and Tom)
Jack (terrible picture but I took it for Cope because Jack was singing "Better Together")
Ramsey representing (I bought Cope the matching T-Shirt)


The only downside to the evening was that we didn't get home until about 1:00am and I still had to wake when Ramsey began to stir about 6:00am. I've started putting him to bed earlier so unfortunately that makes morning earlier too which I don't mind except when I've only had 5 hours of sleep. As I told Morgan (my step Dad) this AM "today is one of those days that pumping coffee directly into my veins might be more effective then simply sipping it ". Maybe I'll catch a nap with my little guy today but he is worth getting up for and a Jack Johnson concert is worth staying out late for.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Isn't it tough that us moms usually have to pay a high price for fun?!? I agree that you and your sister look very different... my sister Kari and I couldn't look or be more different either!

Christine said...

What a blast! I agree on the "better together" front...At the end of the last deployment I played it over and over again. Pathetic... :)

I have always wondered what do you do after a late night with a baby? Bermuda was bad enough after we had a late night out in Sackets. I guess life sorta changes :) Not so many late nights!