Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rest and Relaxation


We are on day 14 of Cope being on leave for R & R and all is well with the Rowell family. It has been quite an experiment thus far. By that I mean some things have been a little harder to get used to then either of us imagined but most things have been way better. So far we have been to the beach, spent time in Cope's hometown, and just chilled at my Moms (where Ramsey and I live this year). Cope is quite taken with Ramsey. I asked him yesterday if he could sum up parenting thus far in one word what would it be? He could not come up with one so I filled in the blank with constant and at times intense but mostly wonderful. Ramsey is doing great. We even took him to the pediatrician together for a rash he has had on his torso. Come to find out he has a mild case of eczema which is fine in at least I know how to treat it now. Also, he is up to 17lbs 9oz and he just turned 7 months old. He is still army crawling but much faster and much farther. We both look at him and just feel so blessed that he is ours and we are all together. We are very much looking forward to Cope coming home for good in about 4 months and us being a family everyday, settling into a routine, and live a life that feels a little more predictable. Cope is beginning to work on his resume for the civilian world and we have even teased ourselves by starting to look at houses. What is life if you can't keep dreaming? Cope goes back next Tuesday and until then we are planning to just relax and soak it all in. We also have an overnight date night planned for this weekend. It will be my first night away from Ramsey but I know he'll be in good hands and that it is most important for Cope and I to spend some much needed time together.

5 comments:

Amanda L said...

the matching outfits are too cute!

Lindsey Oliver said...

agreed. cutest outfits ever! glad to see you back in blog world and to get an update on Rowell Family. no reason not to dream ~ it'll be reality one day!! take care out there and send Cope my hellos.

Cristin said...

So glad that y'all are having such a great time. I know I don't even need to tell you to savor these last few days!

Christine said...

Isn't it great that everyone is checking in just to see how your R&R time is going??? You guys are amazing! I love to see you having so much fun...

BTW....I am going to be in your area at the end of the month!!!! We will catch up about it later.

Unknown said...

A really modest ball of a time there. :) Modest is sometimes best. Spas can be a fun alternative though, for some quiet time with friends, family and loved ones. It calms one's body, as well as one's mind, to the ebb and flow of a steady current.

Lucy @ iHealth Saunas