Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gone Again



Darn It! Cope is gone again. Eighteen days isn't enough. It is however enough time for me to be slapped with the fact that I am totally in love with my husband. I mean I knew I adored him but I was once again reminded of how wonderful it is to have him around. I suddenly feel like my right arm has been cut off. I got used to saying "hey, I'm going to run do something and can you watch Ramsey for a minute?" Cope became the bottle cleaner, diaper changer, slippery baby in bath holder, bed time book reader, and most of all my partner in it all. Yes, he is the man! After 18 days of so much fun, lots of relaxing, lots of dreaming of life after the Army, I am once again reminded that I am married to the perfect man for me. He makes me so happy. I know in my heart that Ramsey and I will be fine these last few months but we are just better when Cope is here. It was hard to say goodbye especially now that Cope knows just how cool Ramsey is. Neither of us are a big fan of drama or drawing out the inevitable so we chose the band-aid method(rip it off real fast and pray it doesn't hurt too bad) for goodbye. He had several of his buddies around so we tried to act as nonchalant as possible but it still hurt. I am determined not to be angry that Cope has to go back but instead be grateful for the wonderful time we did have and once again count the days until he returns to our lives... for good! He is worth it all. Oh he most definitely is! 10 months down and only 4 more to go!!!



Side Note: I had mentioned in an earlier post that we had our pictures taken by my photographer friend Brandy Shirley last week. As a wonderful surprise she hurried to get them done and on her blog so Cope could get a glimpse before he left. We are really pleased with them thus far. Check them out if you want at http://www.bshirleyphotography.com/ and then click on her blog and it should come up there. Also check out our slideshow on there too, just click on the link highlighted in pink. I'll try to update the pictures on our blog sometime next week when I actually get the disk with all the pictures.

5 comments:

Lindsey Oliver said...

I know it's no consolation for Cope leaving again but those pics are AWESOME!! The one of Ramsey by himself is GORGEOUS. Do you mind sending me her contact info so maybe we could have her take some of us?

You're such an inspiration as a wife and mother.

My best to Cope as he heads back and to his speedy, safe return.

Christine said...

You are totally glowing! The joy and comfort shows right through the lens. They are beautiful pics. It is amazing to see you all together having such a great time. You are a super strong mama.

Reading the blog makes me feel like I am re-living it. Your attitude is amazing and the countdown is on lady!

Anonymous said...

Tara, The pictures are precious. Where did Ramsey get that red curly hair? I've been thinking about you guys a ton. You are truly one of the strongest people I have ever met and I hope the next 4 months fly by.

Love, Brooks

Amanda L said...

Those pictures are absolutely breath taking! I don't envy you in having to choose which ones to buy. Ramsey is so adorable!

Christine said...

Tara...What a beautiful family. Ramsey is darling..I admire your strength and courage so much...Our thoughts are with you for a safe return for your awesome husbands ASAP! Love Eileen(Christine's Mom)