Saturday, July 12, 2008

Photo Session

Cope and I had a photo session with friend of mine last week. I wanted to get some pictures of Cope and Ramsey so Ramsey will one day think his Daddy was around all the time and also so we could get some family stuff too. It is so much fun to work with Brandy. She is AWESOME!!! It is nothing like a studio session in that she takes about 500 pictures in about an hour in a half. She lets you do as many outfit changes as you want. She also does a lot of candid work which I totally love because I feel like sometimes in too posed of pictures the details get lost. I had her do Ramsey's pictures when he was 6 weeks old and I remember she would say "just be with him". By that she meant just act natural with him and she would snap away. At that time I thought act natural??? I really felt a bit awkward as a new mom. It wasn't completely natural for me. I mean I loved Ramsey instinctually but it was still weird to me that I had a baby that I was totally responsible for. I also felt like I was still getting to know him. This time during the photo session when she would say "just be with him" it came as naturally as breathing to me. It is like breathing to me now. I realized I know him. I know what makes him smile. I know how to make him laugh. I know what his little cries mean and I know how to fix what pains him. I am totally and utterly over the moon about my son. He is such a blessing for us. Cope and I often just look at him and can't get our minds around the fact that we created him. We put an amazing human being on the planet. So it just took a photo session to make me realize how natural it is to "just be with Ramsey" these days.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hope your getaway night was amazing! :)