Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fine Dining at Home




Last night my Mom and step-Dad Morgan made a 5 course meal for Cope and I at their house. They had done this summer before last when Cope was home on leave from Afghanistan so they felt a repeat performance was a must. We had a great time and of course ate too much but it was delicious. Here is the menu of what we had:
-Before dinner drinks of Mohito for me and Crown and Coke for Cope
-Toasted bread with Olive Oil
-Cream of mushroom soup
-Pan seared beef tenderloin steaks with a creamy peppercorn sauce, green beans, and cheesy scalloped potatoes
-Chocolate Molten cake with a scoop of Starbucks Mud Pie ice cream with whip cream and a cherry

They made everything from scratch and needless to say we are a bit spoiled but so appreciative for fine dining experience without having to go out. Morgan played our gay waiter "Morgeen" and Ramsey tried to help serve from his little walker.




On a separate note we got up at 5:00am to go fishing on the Etowah River. We didn't have much luck so we stopped by my Mom's lake to try for catfish, no luck. On the way home a spotted a yard sale so I made Cope take me by. I found a turtle sand box for Ramsey for just $3. Gotta love a bargain! Ramsey's top teeth are both on the verge of breaking through. Hopefully in the next 24-48 hours they'll make their debut. It has made his all night sleeping a little more fussy and eating a bit off at times. Cope and I have our date night tomorrow, which I am super looking forward to. So for the rest of today we going to just chill out and hopefully take a nap in the near future.

2 comments:

Lindsey Oliver said...

What a neat treat! Ramsey looks so handsome.

Christine said...

So much fun...Ramsey looks so cute!