Monday, July 14, 2008

Date Night

Cope and I went out for our much anticipated date night to Atlanta last night. As I had mentioned in an earlier post it was my first night away from Ramsey but he was in good hands and I was going out on the town with his Daddy/my husband. Cope and I left at his afternoon nap time and headed for some bowling at US Play and then checked into our hotel in Midtown. We had dinner reservations at the Melting Pot. We have both eaten fondue before but never there. It was AWESOME!!! We had such a good time trying all the different foods and it truly exceeded any expectations I might have had. We got a good nights sleep and then stopped by Waffle House on the way home for breakfast. My mom said Ramsey did great but he did wake up an hour early due to painful teeth breaking through. He had just fallen asleep for his morning nap when we got home but Cope and I woke him up anyway and showered him with kisses. Cope heads back tomorrow around lunch and we are both trying very hard not to face the inevitable fact that he has to leave us and the simple comforts of home in just 24 hours. It is like the pink elephant in the room no one wants to mention. We have on our brave faces but our hearts are getting heavy and we're trying to soak up every last second of family time we can in the meantime.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I'm praying that you guys are able to enjoy your time together with as much peace and as little stress as possible!!

Amanda L said...

Sending you lots of love and courage vibes, sweetie!

Lindsey Oliver said...

Me too!!! You're in my thoughts and prayers.