Sunday, October 11, 2009

10 Year Reunion

This weekend we have enjoyed celebrating my 10 year high school reunion festivities. Friday night we met my friend Katie and her son Kaden for an early dinner where Ramsey was WILD. He actually threw an entire basket of fries all over the floor. His cars ended up under many other peoples booths and he refused to eat anything. Then it was on to my old high school's homecoming football game. I certainly felt I was way more grown up then when I was last there 10 years ago. Ramsey enjoyed the game for about 10 minutes and just wanted to run around everywhere. So we left before half time and got Ramsey to bed.

Ramsey woke up Saturday morning and vomited several times. Thank goodness for leather couches! He still didn't want to eat much and but did enjoy his purple Gatorade. We were planning on a full night of fun at my reunion and then an after party but with Ramsey not feeling his best we figured we should come home after main event and be here if he were to need us during the night. My Mom said he played just great but did throw up one more time.

This morning he woke up crying that he wanted milk. I gave him a small amount which he threw up about 20 minutes later. He is still not wanting to eat any thing but I'm not sure I would either after throwing up? He has had a great LONG afternoon nap and we're hoping some rest and lots of liquid will kick this illness soon. I'll keep you posted...

Needless to say my Reunion weekend has not been as festive as we had originally planned but parenthood calls. When your kid is sick, not too much else matters. The one thing I did take away from this weekend was that I am so happy in my life. I had dreams back then and I realize I've truly surpassed most all of those. I have the guy of my dreams in Cope and a little WILD charge who keeps me on my toes each day. My life is not perfect or glamorous but it is right where I want to be, and I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am seriously that much older than you? OMG.

Matt said...

It was good to see you and to finally meet Cope.

Ashley said...

Yeah, once you have kids, you definitely feel old. My students remind me of that all the time. 30 is right around the corner...ugh.

Katie said...

Hope Ramsey is feeling better. Yes, we have certainly come a long way since those days.