Monday, March 2, 2009

Tallahassee???


So yesterday was sort of crazy for one tired girl coming back from Manhattan. I was woken up yesterday morning at my sisters apt. with message on my phone that my Delta flight for 2:20pm (from NY to ATL) had been cancelled and was rebooked for the next morning (Monday). What? I have a little boy I need to get home to. So I jumped up and got a cab to the airport ASAP only to get to there, wait in line for 1.5 hours and be told there was no way I could get out of NY that day. Not a solution. So I told the lady it was my first trip away from my son and that I desperately wanted to get home to him. She must have had kids too because she then said well, I can put you on standby for 11:00am. I rushed through security and got the next to last seat on the last flight able to get out of NYC yesterday. It was looking all good until we were still flying 20 minutes after we were supposed to have landed. The ground equipment at the ATL airport wasn't working well due to bad weather so after 2 tries to land they decided to take me (plus about 300 other passengers) to Tallahassee, Florida. Crap! We had to get shuttles to local hotels and stayed overnight for a 7:00am flight this morning. Talk about chaos. I hated that I didn't get home until today but I knew Ramsey was in good hands and I might as well make the best of a less then desirable situation. Whatever, I'm home now and am thankful for the vacation and even more thankful to be back with my family. I missed them. Manhattan was LOTS of fun and I'll post more over the next few days.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you made it home safe. There is NO place more chaotic than an NYC airport on a bad weather day. It can seem like the end of the world. Everyone gets so cranky. So lucky to find a nice gate agent. I know the drill about flight drama...I can't say that I have ever had anything as cute as Ramsey to get home to...(Dave is close)....We can't wait to see you guys this weekend...Cartersville here we come!

Christine said...

OOPs! That was actually Christine not Dave that wrote that last one :) I didn't realized he was signed in on this computer.

Erin Duvall said...

That is crazy. I know you could not wait to get home to your little man. Although I'm sure Cope did an excellent job I know that was difficult to be away from him for that long.