Wednesday, March 11, 2009

15 Month Check Up and a Fire

Ramsey had his 15 month check up yesterday morning and he got a great bill of health. His weight is 21lbs 4oz which is only the 10th percentile but just right for his growth curve. His height is in the 75th percentile so looks like for now we have a tall, slim boy on our hands. I'm not sure he gets that from me? He is doing just great and we could not be more proud of our little wonder boy.



Now, on to the fire...

My Mom watches Ramsey at her house (20 minutes across town) on Tuesday and Thursday after his nap until dinner time. Mainly she watches him just because she enjoys playing with him but it also helps me out so that I can get some work or errands done. So on this past Tuesday I drop him off and they had a fun filled day planned of peddle boating on the lake, checking out their geese, and just enjoying the great outdoors. I was in Target about 45 minutes later when I got a call fro my mom and she said in a slightly panicked voice "Tara, everything is fine with Ramsey, but our woods just caught on fire and I need you to come get Ramsey because things are getting a little crazy, I've called 911 and the fire dept. is on there way". I raced out of Target and arrived at my Mom's to see billowing smoke and fire trucks. I got to the house to find Mom and Ramsey just fine, thank you GOD! The fire had spread over several acres and it took a forestry team to bulldoze a trench around it to finally get it stopped several house later. As we looked at the charred hillside we were all very thankful everyone was fine including there new dream home what was only about 50 yards away from where it had started. Ramsey didn't seemed phased by all the commotion and thought the trucks and lights were pretty neat. He kept sticking out his hand toward the hillside saying "hot". Understatement buddy. So wild afternoon but a time to be thankful is all ended ok. Oh, it also made the front page of our local paper...now there's a comfort.

2 comments:

Julie said...

How did the fire start? Was Cope trying to clean up after a yard-rolling incident or what?

Erin Duvall said...

So glad no one was hurt in the fire. That's scary. so ava used to be long and lean but now she's got her daddy's butt and some chunky little legs. bless her heart.