Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Round 3


We are now on round 3 of antibiotics for Ramsey's ear infection that won't clear up. He finished his last meds less than 48 hours ago and when we were at a play date this morning he was playing around and having a good time and then suddenly he got very fussy and shorty began screaming. I could not get him calmed down so we left and headed for home. He screamed the whole 20 minutes home and I thought he'd throw up when I dosed with Motrin because he was so terribly upset. I made a call to the pediatrician and the next appt. was in 2 hours so I layed down with Ramsey and he quickly feel asleep on my chest. He was so congested he was snoring. Poor Kid, He slept the whole time until his appt. and sure enough his left ear is still infected. So the doc prescribed a different antibiotic and we'll get his ears checked next week to make sure it is working. He is off to bed now and I'm hoping for a good nights rest and a smoother day tomorrow. We'll see???


On a brighter note Ramsey weighed in at 21lbs. 7oz. today!!! That is 2lbs gained in less than a month. WOW! Also, he is taking his milk again. His eating lady was here yesterday and she suggested mixing his milk with his juice. Gross, I know, but it works. So now I know it wasn't the look of the milk he didn't like it was actually the taste. I started giving it to him for the first time after his nap yesterday and he guzzled 3 glasses before bedtime. Good Stuff!

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Yuck! I hope the third round does the trick.

When the girls are sick with stuffieness and drainage I limit their dairy, especially milk intake, because it seems to make the snottiness much, much worse... thicker and more abundant. Docs don't usually think to mention that kind of thing, I don't know why, but it usually helps colds to get on out of here faster if they don't drink much, if any milk. The girls will say, "I not sick anymore, milk please?" when they think they are well enough to drink it again.

Hope he's better soon!

KatieMGreen said...

I hope he feels better soon!!!
That is awesome news about the milk!!!

Amanda L said...

We are on our 3rd antibiotic now too. Omnicef. Here's to 3rd time's the charm!

Beckie said...

Poor Baby! He is such a trooper!