Sunday, January 18, 2009

AHHHhhh

Jeez, Cope left yesterday morning to head back to NY for his final few weeks and I feel like someone has cut off my right arm. I suddenly am finding it hard to function without him. I'm not really sure how I previously did it for a whole 14 months while he was in Iraq??? Besides the fact that he is incredibly helpful with Ramsey I am also missing just talking to another adult on a regular basis. I realize once again how much better I am when he is around. As sweet as Ramsey is he can also be a handful at times these days so I m praying for sanity these next few weeks. But if there is one thing I have learned over this past year is to always remember "This Too Shall Pass", and Cope will be back before we know it. In the meantime Ramsey and I will keep busy and keep counting down the days until he is HOME TO STAY!


Here a picture of Ramsey from yesterday. He is getting good a playing by himself for a bit while I do some sewing in the same room. When he was quite for a few minutes this is what I turned around to find. He is in his toy box sitting on at least a dozen toys just reading (or at least picture looking) away:

2 comments:

The Tooles said...

First of all, Monkey Joes looks awesome..I would have paid to go down the slides without kids=) Hope the time flies until Cope comes home to stay. I am working on the 5-5-5 thing...I just saw it. Justin just went narcoleptic on the couch and I drug him to bed...some things never change. Take care.
Katy

Erin and Nate said...

Just think...these next couple weeks minus Cope is literally the beginning of the end of ever missing him again!! You'll rock your old routine and breeze through. I hear ya though on the handful part. I am coping with that currently. Being alone I realized how much of a handful Mr. Finley can be! Aye!