Sunday, January 11, 2009

Anniversary Date

Cope and I had plans to just stay home with Ramsey yesterday and celebrate our 5 years of marriage just hanging out. The first part of the day we did just that but when Ramsey woke up from his longer than usual nap (2.5) hours things sort of were wild. I wanted to make Cope Gumbo from scratch for dinner so when Ramsey woke up we all headed to the grocery store to pick some things up. We we're on our way home an hour later and Ramsey fell asleep again. Humm? Maybe he is just tired we thought? So we got home and I began getting the Gumbo started but Ramsey was literally in between the oven and me hanging on my legs crying. I asked Cope to take him up to the play room and once the food was started we could all play. Cope came down about 10 minutes later and said "this kid is sick".

Ok, it was Saturday about 5:30, what should we do? Cope quickly looked up urgent care places and we found one in Acworth (about 20 minutes away) that was open till 8:00pm so off we went. Our insurance is great but if you have to be seen other than regular business hours then you have to go the the ER in order for Tri Care to cover it. So we ran by our ER to check the wait but once I asked the nurse how long the wait was and she said several hours and they would probably do a cat scan since he was lethargic (I'm no genius but Ramsey just had a fever which was probably making him drowsy) I booked it back to the car and off we went to the Urgent Care in Acworth.

We got there no problem and the place was nice and get this...no one was even waiting to be seen. JACK POT! So within 10 minutes we were in a room seeing the doctor who checked his ears and said the high fever (102.9) and tiredness we due to both ears still being infected. He came off his amoxicillin 2 days ago which obviously did not do the trick so we were prescribed something stronger and hope it will be the cure. I'll keep you posted. He got a dose of Mortrin for his fever in the office and we were done. We even found a 24 hour pharmacy. Who knew?

Ramsey was feeling better withing 30 minutes and we were relived to see our happy, silly boy return. We stoped at Chic Fil A on the way home and decided we'd just finish the Gumbo later. We got home after 9:00 and got Ramsey off to bed. It is now Sunday morning and Ramsey is sleeping well and I'm hoping he'll wake up feeling even better.

So our 5th anniversary was not what we had planned but such is life. I told Cope as we were going to sleep that it was perfect in that we we're true team mates last night, doing the best we could for our son. We we're together as a family and that is always enough for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tara..We had to take Kylie in last Sat afternoon for a ear infection. Our Peds recommended the childrens healthcare of Atlanta office that is located next to the ice skating rink at town center..they were great and even let you call ahead and get a time to get there to reduce your waiting room time..you immediately move ahead of walkins when you get there..you might want to keep that in mind for the future too =)Hope he gets better quick! Kylie just now is back to normal.

Christine said...

That is hectic and I so glad it was this year :) not last! As I was reading it I just kept thinking...I am so glad they are together.