Friday, November 7, 2008

Reflecting



I've had a few moments of quite lately where I all of the sudden find myself completely overwhelmed with my life. Overwhelmed because I am truly happy. I knew we would get to this place in our life but often I forget to breath and take it all in. I am so happy that Cope is finally out of Iraq. It is wonderful to be able to talk anytime of the day we want. Whenever I have a quick funny story about what Ramsey has done or how I'm about to loose my mind I can just call him up and be comforted in an instant. Cope is coming to visit Ramsey and I for the weekend and see his new house finally. We have dreamed of our first house for 5 years and 2 deployments. To finally be living in it and loving it makes me very satisfied. Then there is Ramsey, the child beyond my dreams. He gives me such purpose and he challenges me to grow myself up. As I look around at what my life consist of these days I am more humbled than ever. It wasn't always a given that Cope would come home safely but thankfully he has and we are looking forward to our future as a family and all the fun and possibilities it will hold.

No comments: