Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby Manual?



Where is that darn baby manual when you need it? Ramsey has been super uncooperative at eating time and when placed in his high chair he tries to climb out and when I make him sit down and eat he basically cries the whole time. Now there are times he'll be sweet and eat 2 jars of baby food and then finger items as well. Not lately. I thought maybe he was over baby food so I tried putting veggies on his tray but he would try those and spit them right out or throw them in the floor for the dogs. If I put cheese and bread he likes those but I don't want to start my child off on the wrong foot in the food choices department. He has been so fussy lately that I took him to the pediatrician this morning thinking maybe he is cutting his molars or maybe his ear infection is back. Nope. The doctor was very nice but informed me that he is no longer a baby and now is considered a toddler. She said at this stage they are exercising their independence and are learning that they have some control over their environment. Great. Maybe that is why lately when we go shopping he only wants to sit in the cart for like 5 minutes before trying to stand up. I then put him in the big part of the buggy and let him ride standing only he also tries to climb out as soon as I stop. I'm thinking Christmas shopping will be a blast this year. As Ramsey is getting older he is getting so much more fun but darn if some things get harder. So if anyone knows where that baby/toddler manual is would you please send it my way? I sure could use it on a day such as this.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I feel your pain. Our once very cooperative baby Ian is now a little toddler, who wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. I guess this is our little taste of what the twos will be like...

Lindsey Oliver said...

I've heard somewhere that around their first birthday, toddlers will go on an eating strike of sorts to allow their rapidly growing bodies a chance to rest for a while. If they grew like they did in the first year, for the rest of their childhood, they'd be giants, I think is the theory.

Thanks for the heads up on what I have to look forward to! :)

When you find that manual, copy it, and send it my way.

MaryBeth said...

No such manual exists, BUT I think that is why they are so much cuter and more fun to be around at this age... otherwise, we might not put up with their new found independence.

Jae and Sierra said...

Funny. Yep, put on your seat belt...here comes the fun! He'll probably go through this rebellious phase, and then ease off a little (and you'll learn creative ways to deal with him). Then, around two, buckle up again! Seriously, though...they are SO much fun! But, on the baby manual...no such luck!!! Miss you guys!