Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby Bootcamp

Yes, Ramsey has entered baby boot camp here at the Rowell home this week. I decided to switch him from two naps a day to just one. The reason for this is that we're just coming of a 10 days trip where there was not much schedule and also he has begun to sleep up to twelve hours at night making two naps painful for us both. When he was still taking two they we're lasting only about 30-45 minutes each and getting him down for that late afternoon one was horrible as he would cry and fuss even while laying down. So I've decided we'll just try it this week with the one nap and see how it goes. I have to remember that every day won't be perfect but so far so good. He is now getting ready for bed at 7:30 and asleep by 8:00pm. He hopefully does not wake until between 7:00-8:00am the next morning. Then he is napping from noon-2:00pm or so. The two hour break is WONDERFUL!!!! I have time to eat lunch and enjoy it, I can catch up on emails, and recharge for the second round. So far it seems to be working for us both!

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

It was a tough switch here, but well worth it once we made it to a one nap only household. Now the girls are almost ready to give the one nap up.... me, not so much. We'll at least practice "quiet time" in their rooms for a few more years. Momma needs a break! Good luck with the transition!!

Christine said...

You sound like you are totally in a routine already! I am so jealous us grown ups here in Wtown aren't even in a routine yet.

Cristin said...

That's exactly what we're doing right now! Yesterday was our first one nap day. She was taking two 1.5-2 hour naps a day so now I'm trying to figure out how to entertain her during all that extra time!

Mary said...

Ian takes a 2.5 hour nap each day and has been doing so since he started at the sitter in August. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I've come around. I must say that the mid-afternoon break is wonderful! BTW--Ramsey is adorable! I'm so happy for your little family!