Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What What !!!

Cope got a job! Yeah I am so thrilled for him and for us as a family. He finished his active duty commitment to the Army in march and has since been home and job searching. With the economy the way it is I can say there we're moments of panic but when one of us got nervous or stressed about it we'd pick each other up and move forward. It is so crazy that experienced army men who have served there country overseas (twice!) have trouble finding a career in the civillan world. My heart would hurt for him as I watched him interview and not get a call back. He is one of the most capable people I know and if I was an employer I would definitely want him on my team. Cope is one of those guys you just want to be your best around. Anyway, fast forward he is now working for the GA National Guard full time. The pay is great, the hours are great, since it is a government job the holidays are great! The only downside at this point is that is in Decatur (an hour from our house in Cartersville) so time will tell what we'll choose to do in the future but for now we are so grateful and feel like we have won the lottery. We have!




In other news, we had a very busy and fun weekend. We worked outside some on Saturday and on Sunday Cope's parents came to babysit Ramsey at our house overnight so Cope and I could attend a Braves game with our friends and have a night out on the town. Let's just say we had a great night and I am still exhausted from the adventure. Cope is at his first day of work today and I'm working on getting into a routine with just Ramsey and I during the days now. So far, so good.

8 comments:

Cristin said...

Congratulations!

The Tooles said...

Wonderful news. I am glad to hear that Cope not only found a job, but he found one that you think he'll like=)

Ashley said...

Yay! Congrats!

Erin said...

You guys, that's awesome! Welcome to the world of the full time Guard. We like it...the hours and bennies are GREAT! Nate gets to travel at least 2-3 times a year for business with his position (in addition to annual trainings and other training schools) Places have included San Fran and Orlando and DC. I've gotten to go along only paying my way and he usually gets plenty of free time so it's win win!! So what I am saying is take advantage of the perks!! Unfortunately his big conference was in Hawaii this year and he was deployed instead so there's the downside!! (what a bummer?). I will pray that Cope doesn't ever have to do that again with the Guard...Congratulations!!

Beckie said...

YAY for the Rowell family! Congratulations!

Lindsey Oliver said...

Many congrats!! I know y'all are so happy.

jill said...

woooohooo cope!! congrats on the great news!

Erin Duvall said...

Great news!I'm so glad to hear that. Vince is considering that job as well for when he gets out so we'll see.