Thursday, May 21, 2009

Learning to sign "please"

I love being a Mommy but the one thing I have trouble with still is the whining. I know it is all part of development and learning to communicate but I plead/encourage Ramsey to use words and manners. The latest sign he has learned is the one for "please". It is basically supposed to be rubbing your hand in circle at your chest but Ramsey has taken it to a full belly rub. Whatever, he has manners, or at least we're working on it. Oh, and check out that poked out bottom lip in the video. This kid totally knows how to work me.


*Note: That is not a motor in the background of this video, it is our French Bulldog, Bentley. That is just how he breaths. Pitiful huh? Oh, and he snores even louder. Needless to say he sleeps in the closet.

3 comments:

Erin said...

My how he can turn it on and off too... truly and art! What a cutie pie though. Happy belated B-day to Cope too!

The Tooles said...

I love the "motor" in the background...when did you start teaching him to sign? I think I would like to teach Caroline a bit too, so she can tell me what she wants instead of just crying...it seems like a win-win!

jill said...

where do you think our children got their flairs for the dramatic????? SURELY not from their mothers?!? i'm already dreading sophie's teenage years. mr. r is the cutest thing i've seen in YEARS!!!!!