Friday, May 15, 2009

New House

I have been looking high and low for a good deal on an outdoor play house for Mr.Ramsey but had fallen short so far in my search until yesterday morning. Our local service league has a huge rummage sale each spring and in a small town like Cartersville it is a fairly big deal. So being the bargain shopper I am, I had Cope drop me at the door 15 minutes before they opened since the line was already forming. By the way, my husband thinks I'm a total nut when it comes to rummage/garage sales. Whatever, I find it exhilarating. So at 10:00AM the doors to the rummage sale open and IT IS ON! I spot this Little Tikes cabin immediately and my heart starts racing. Will I get to it before someone else does? I push my way past several other slow people, a few kiddies, and AHHHHhhh grab the tag on the cabin and declare it is MINE!!!! Yep, we got it for a real steal. Luckily I had drug Cope and Ramsey along so we had the truck. Cope just kept shaking his head. I really love him even more for doing things he knows make me happy even if he thinks I am a total loon.

Anyway, we strap this little cabin down and away we ride. We could not get it though the single gate on out fence so Cope and I tried to just toss it over. I almost died. Seriously. My arms gave out and I went crashing to the ground (Did I mention I was wearing a skirt?), dropping my beloved cabin. Thank God it is plastic. Needless to say Cope asked a neighbor to help him today and it is now finally in our back yard. Yeah!!! Ramsey loves it! It was all totally worth it just to get the little happy dance and excited smile from our little wonder boy.




4 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

i love it!!! what a great find! i know the feeling when you find a great deal!
my hubbie makes fun of me for couponing and bargin shopping too, but it's so much fun! i love finding a deal. but you are GOOD! I need to do some yard sales!!

jill said...

i remember those!!!! how adorable! i bet r will have SO.MUCH.FUN playing! hope you didn't hurt yourself. and that TOTALLY sounds like something i would do. totally. happy saturday eve!

Erin said...

Great find! Just remind Cope that anything you find at a rummage sale is likely to already be assembled...that would sell Nate. Putting together all those kid toys gets tedious! I hope to find some stuff for Finley at yard sales too.

brandi said...

How cute! I love those kind of sales myself! Try to check it often for wasp..they are HORRIBLE this year. We are on our second can already for kylie's playset