Monday, April 27, 2009

Weird... But Very Neat

My friend Brandy at who has done all of our family pictures since Ramsey was born was holding a contest for a "Day After" photo shoot. She does these for brides so they can have more intimate pictures made beyond the wedding day, church, reception, and such. She loves taking pictures out in nature and I love that no matter what she always seems to capture the "real" stuff and not just the posed stuff. The contest was for any bride that wanted wanted to re-capture some wedding day moments. It could be the day after your wedding, weeks after, or even years. So I thought why not enter us? I did and WE WON!!! Yep, we got a free photo shoot in our wedding best. I sort of consider it a before and after affect. I like that my hair was short in these and also that I didn't wear a veil. We had a great time this afternoon and much thanks to Brandy for capturing what we consider to be "us". It has been 5 years, 2 overseas deployments, 1 amazing little boy, and we're still very much in love but now with more wisdom, more appreciation, and more memories then ever. So without further ado here is our 'Day After" photo shoot:
























Check out more of Brandy's amazing work at http://www.bshirleyphotography.com/

5 comments:

Cristin said...

I love those! What a great idea!

Erin Duvall said...

Well that is cool. I love the pictures. I'd love to do something like that. Crazy.

Christine said...

...5 years, 2 deployments and 1 crazy awesome little boy looks good on you two! Tara you look like you were laughing all day...as usual she does awesome pics.

Erin said...

Those are beautiful pictures. It must have been fun to kind of go back in time and re-live your wedding! Fun!

Jenn said...

Love the pictures! You guys look fantastic!