Thursday, June 30, 2011

New-Do!

I got a little bored earlier this week so I decided it was time to cut my long hair. I typically do this every few years and I was pretty overdue. So yesterday I got it chopped. I mean my motto is "go big or go home". So I got lots cut off. I immediately regreted my decision and beat myself up for a bit. I am more used to it today and it is slowly growing on me. A few friends have said it makes me look older. Who cares? Am I trying to look 18 nope, that ship has sailed. I am a Mom, I am about to be 31, and after all it is just hair. Change is good! But I can't help but question why we as women get so attached to our hair. Is it our security blanket? Is is vanity? Is it a symbol of femininity? I don't have all the answers but I am not a girl that stays stagnant in one look forever. Life is full of changes, some we can't control so I appreciate the ones I have a hand in. Goodbye long hair, maybe we'll meet again in a few years.


8 comments:

Jace said...

I, for you, love it short! Looks awesome and soooo chic!

Social Worker Mama said...

I, for you, love it short! Looks awesome and soooo chic!

Brandi Beals said...

I love it! Cute top too!! I am about to do the same. I am tired of the long locks. Time for a change!

Social Worker Mama said...

Gosh, I meant, "I, for one" and that wasn't really Jace, I was signed in under him. :)

Ashley said...

I like that length, too!

Beckie said...

OOHH LA LA! I love it! I say short hair is more youthful! Adds a little bounce to things! :)

Erin Duvall said...

You know I like it cuz mine is shorter than yours! When are you gonna post some pics from Friday night. i got nothin or i'd post. I figured the one of all of us with our paintings would be cute

Shawnee said...

i love it, you look great!