Thursday, June 30, 2011

New-Do!

I got a little bored earlier this week so I decided it was time to cut my long hair. I typically do this every few years and I was pretty overdue. So yesterday I got it chopped. I mean my motto is "go big or go home". So I got lots cut off. I immediately regreted my decision and beat myself up for a bit. I am more used to it today and it is slowly growing on me. A few friends have said it makes me look older. Who cares? Am I trying to look 18 nope, that ship has sailed. I am a Mom, I am about to be 31, and after all it is just hair. Change is good! But I can't help but question why we as women get so attached to our hair. Is it our security blanket? Is is vanity? Is it a symbol of femininity? I don't have all the answers but I am not a girl that stays stagnant in one look forever. Life is full of changes, some we can't control so I appreciate the ones I have a hand in. Goodbye long hair, maybe we'll meet again in a few years.


8 comments:

Jace said...

I, for you, love it short! Looks awesome and soooo chic!

Lindsey Oliver said...

I, for you, love it short! Looks awesome and soooo chic!

Brandi Beals said...

I love it! Cute top too!! I am about to do the same. I am tired of the long locks. Time for a change!

Lindsey Oliver said...

Gosh, I meant, "I, for one" and that wasn't really Jace, I was signed in under him. :)

Ashley said...

I like that length, too!

Beckie said...

OOHH LA LA! I love it! I say short hair is more youthful! Adds a little bounce to things! :)

Erin Duvall said...

You know I like it cuz mine is shorter than yours! When are you gonna post some pics from Friday night. i got nothin or i'd post. I figured the one of all of us with our paintings would be cute

Shawnee said...

i love it, you look great!