Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Funny Story

Let me begin by acknowledging the sweet post from Cope yesterday. Although I was super embarrassed and hate attention of most any kind it was really nice to read. I am so thankful for him and his love for me.

Moving on:

So the other night after our Super Bowl party of church friends and their kiddos, Cope was getting Ramsey ready for the bath. I overheard their conversation that went something like this:

Ramsey: "Daddy I want to tell you something but I am afraid you will be mad at me and I will get in trouble"

Cope: "Well, just tell me and you won't get into trouble"

Ramsey: "I can't cause you'll be mad"

At that point I step around the corner and say "come, on buddy just tell us" no way he says. Then I explain to him that he should always be honest with us and if it is on his conscious then it is always better to just get it out. I promised him if he is honest he will not get into trouble and we will not be mad. Cope agrees. Ramsey thinks about it...

He says OK he'll spill and I look into his eyes as he prepares to tell his secret...

He says "Ty and I put our fingers in the potty" (it was all I could do to not to bust out laughing)

I mean in his sweet little mind this was super naughty and I could just see them thinking they were living on the edge. I tried to take it very seriously and I explained about germs and that he shouldn't do that ever again but that we were happy he told us and we were not mad. Then I asked him if he had washed his hands after his naughty adventure and he proudly said "Nope!"

Oh the joys of raising a little boy!

2 comments:

Erin Duvall said...

okay seriously funny!

Stacy Morley said...

Thanks great bllog post