Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Love a Good Auction!

Thursday night my sister's work (The Etowah Scholarship Foundation) held there annual "It's All About the Bag" fundraiser. The first part of the event is a silent auction where over 50 handbags were up for bidding. I ended up winning this cute bag which retails for $129 for only $50. Whoo Hoo!
Next it was on the the live auction. I can honestly say I have never been that in to name brands especially when it comes to handbags. I mean why spend $200 dollars on the same thing you can get at Target for $20. I'm just saying? Anyway, the 1st item up for bid was a $500 gift certificate to our family photographer Brandy Shirley. I knew I would bid on this since we have pictures with Brandy next week. So the bidding was a little intense but I got the $500 photo package that came with this very posh Coach purse for a great steal of $375 for both items. I feel like a got a great deal on that one since we'll be spending the money on pics anyway. I suppose I'll enjoy the fancy Coach purse too. Hope no one gets the wrong opinion that I am into pricey things. I"m totally kidding, I don't care what they think. It was a fun night with great cocktails and good friends. I even got my picture on the front of our local newspaper the next morning. Autographed copies are available if needed. Hahhaha:)




2 comments:

Brandi Beals said...

Way to go Mama! Can't wait to see the pics too!

Shiela said...

Auctions are really cool! Would you like to try online auctions? Check this out! you'll love this!