Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jobs

I just had a thought the other day about all the jobs I've had in my life thus far. I love to work. I've been working since I was 14. I never had to but I just enjoyed having the extra money. I liked having more expensive clothes then the basics and I liked having money for lots of extra fun activities with my friends. So in order to have more... I worked. I enjoyed it and it just became a way of life early for me. I still got to all the fun extras like in high school I was a cheerleader and in college I was in a sorority in college but still made time for work. It was just the norm. I thought it would be fun for my own reference and for Ramsey to look back on one day. So here are all the jobs I have had in my life so far by age:

14-Worked at a BBQ place as a cashier and occasional short order cook (Adam's BBQ)
16-Ice cream scooper and sandwhich maker (Baskin Robbins and Scoops)
18-Tanning bed (Electric Beach)
19-Summer Nanny
20-Dog Walker/house sitter (In Chestatee neighborhood in Dawsonville, GA)
20- Worked retail at a mall (Abercrombie and Fitch)
20-Waitress at an Italian restaurant (Caruso's in Dahlonega, GA)
21-Ice cream scooper and short order cook (Connie's on the square, Dahlonega, GA)
23-Filed papers at an apartment complex office (Augusta, GA
23-Made and sold handbags (From Apartment in Augusta, GA)
24- Bank Teller (in Watertown, NY)
24-Veterinary assistant (Watertown, NY)
26-Dental Assistant (Watertown, NY)
27-Started a business making and selling dog collars (Watertown, NY)
27- Started Collections By Tara Nicole! (Cartersville, GA)
27-Became a Mommy- The best job ever!!!
32-Still growing Collections by Tara Nicole (it has grown into a full time job) and being a stay at home mommy!

I have a degree in Business management but as you can see my jobs have pretty much been all over the map.  I am so thankful for my experiences for they have led me to where I am now. I so appreciate having my own business, making my own hours, and doing work I truly love. Not sure what the future holds but for now I am exactly where I want to be!!!

I have to say too that I am so thankful to Cope for working so hard so that I do have options. I'm a lucky girl!



No comments: